Veterinary Assistant Programs Online At PCDI
If you're passionate about the health and welfare of animals, our online veterinary assisting training is a convenient way to turn your passion into a career. PCDI Canada's Veterinary Assisting program provides in-depth instruction in the behavior, care, and treatment of animals relevant to working in veterinary offices throughout the Canada. Your Veterinary Assisting program is designed to cover the essential skills you will need to be successful in a veterinary practice. Start today, study at your own pace and finish in as fast as four months.
Students will complete a 120-hour externship in a veterinary office under the instruction of a licensed veterinarian or a credentialed veterinary technician.
How It Works
- Learn online at your own comfortable pace
- Get academic support by email, phone or online
- No prerequisite to enroll
- Graduate in as few as 4 months
What You Get
- Front office, patient admissions/discharge skills
- Education on processes for healthy, sick and injured animals
- Understanding of labs, procedures and equipment functions
- Career diploma at graduation; you may participate in our live commencement ceremony
Veterinary Assisting externship
Admitting patients, handling animals, interpreting pet behavior, and maintaining proper housing, sanitation and nutrition—there's no better way to develop career-ready skills than to practice them in the real world. As part of our Veterinary Assisting program's externship, students must complete 120 hours under the supervision of a licensed veterinarian or credentialed veterinary technician. Students arrange their own externship according to Ashworth College guidelines and are responsible for all expenses incurred.
Your compassionate nature can make the difference in the lives of animals in our veterinary assistant program online. Start now and graduate fast. Call 1-800-535-1613 or enroll online today.