Our online curriculum is designed to help you develop foundational skills in electronics. We provide everything you need to get trained, get ahead and succeed in your career.
Common electrical applications, components, tools, and testing instruments; safety practices; career opportunities
Key electrical terms, notations, prefixes, and symbols; operation of circuits, conductors, resistors, and other electronic devices
Types of conductors, wire insultation, cells, and batteries; definitions and descriptions of wire gage and ampacity
Ohm’s law and its associated calculations and applications; operation of multimeters; reading current, voltage, and resistance
Analog and digital multimeters; measuring voltage, resistance, frequency, and current values in a circuit
Connectors, terminals, wires and cables, cells and batteries; differentiating between resistor color codes; soldering and desoldering processes
Magnets and electromagnets; applications of electromagnetism and electromagnetic induction
Operation of capacitors and inductors in series and parallel circuits; functions, applications, types, and ratings of capacitors; types of inductors and their uses
Purpose, characteristics, and functions of a diode; measuring voltage across a diode
Linear and nonlinear amplification; types of transistors; how to troubleshoot and test circuits containing amplifying devices
Parallel-connected and series-connected capacitors in DC and AC circuits; calculating reactance, frequency, and impedance in AC circuits
Fundamental concepts and functions of various types of transformers
Concepts of both time and frequency domain, the factors that affect resonance; how to solve resonance-related calculations
Modulation and demodulation and their roles in the transmission process; purpose and functions of detectors and oscilloscopes
Factors, functions, characteristics, and applications of several electronic devices, including transformers, signal transmitters, output devices, relays, attenuators, and amplifiers; how to draw and interpret basic electronic schematic diagrams
The Basic Electronics program provides instruction covering the fundamental information required for understanding the theory of AC and DC electricity and electronics, including sources of electricity, basic circuits and components, and their application to practical devices.
After completing the Basic Electronics program, students will be able to:
- Describe the scientific principles that apply to the basic flow of electricity and explain the function of various materials used as conducting, semiconducting, and insulating devices in the construction of standard electrical/electronic circuits
- Identify the basic tools and test equipment used to construct, troubleshoot, and maintain standard electronic circuits and systems
- Explain the construction and application of standard circuit configurations and identify the component types and connections used to build functioning electronic circuits
- Describe the appearance and general operating principles of multiple electronic components and electrical devices such as capacitors, resistors, inductors, semiconductors, integrated circuits (ICs), generators, motors, and transformers
- Identify and describe several important electrical concepts used in consumer electronic devices
Online electronics training will get you wired for success. Call 1-800-535-1613 or enroll online today.